- Mountain Healing Spa – Serena’s sauna [say “SOW-nuh” not “SAW-nuh”] experience – VIDEO coming SOON
- Regards to Rural – SV Chamber in Bend – WORKSHOP COMING LATER IN JULY
Deli – closing July 24
Downtown Etna needs more business owners
- Branson’s Bounty – Tues & Fri 11AM-3PM – Can also call 467-3587
- There is a fire pit at the Etna City Park!
- Emma Suetta is fighting cystinosis. Derek & Shelly Suetta are her parents.
WED JUL 8
Summer String Summit
College of the Siskiyous
Tix at brownpapertickets.com
SAT JUL 11
Christmas in July Family Bingo
2PM – 4PM
The Valley Oaks Senior Center, 7300 Quartz Valley Road, Greenview, CA
25 cents per card, prizes, beautiful baskets, lots of raffle prizes – tickets $1 each or 6 for $5
Snacks – hot dogs, chips, candy, popcorn, beverages
Jammin’ on Main
PCT Midpoint Celebration
Belly Dancers & Pyrate Technics
Siskiyou County Homewreckers
6PM – 10PM
SAT JUL 25
39th Old Time Rodeo
Pleasure Park, Etna, CA
$10, Kids 8-12 and Seniors 65+ $5
SUN JUL 26
Lew Sterrett will be conducting a sermon title “Sermon on the Mount” where he trains an un-started horse during his sermon.
SAT AUG 7
Yreka Art Walk
Miner Street, Yreka, CA
SAT SEP 12
Scott Valley Athletic Hall of Fame
3PM Social, 4PM Meal, 5PM Awards
Fort Jones Little League City Park
Rick Adams, Tim Edwards, Lindsay “Haupt” Fry, Fred Miles, Mike Rainville, Jennifer “Spencer” Thackeray, Tom Webster, 1984 Etna Boys Varsity Baseball Team
Dinner – tri-tip, potatoes, salds, etc.
$15 adult / $10 kids under 12
Don Duncan 468-3595 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Isbell 598-4592 email@example.com
Jefferson State FliXX Festival
Scott Valley Fitness Camp
July 13- August 6
1 PM – 4:30 PM
Monday to Thursday
Members – $50/wk
Non-members – $60/wk
Siskiyou Golden Fair
Fun for the Whole Herd
Don’t forget the amazing saving on presale tickets for the 2015 Siskiyou Golden Fair! 5 pack of admission tickets only $25.00, a $10.00 savings, presale carnival wristband coupons – $20.00 a 30% saving over the $28.00 fairtime price and the Paul Maurer Shows 2015 “Golden Ticket” 5 day unlimited ride coupon with a hot food item and a small drink each day for only $70.00 – a whopping 50% saving just on the unlimited rides! Get yours today at the fair office!
Volleyball Open Gym
Etna High School
Open to the Public
Free Swim Days
June 22-August 14
The Dotty Olson Swimming Pool located in Scott Valley has just announced its Super Splash Free Swim Day. Beginning Monday, June 22, 2015 the afternoon recreational swim, held from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. each weekday, will be FREE!
In an effort to make the pool more accessible to the children in the community, the City of Etna agreed to allow businesses and members of the community to sponsor Free Swim Days for a $100 a day, which is substantially less than what it costs the City to support such a day. “The members and businesses in the community have really stepped up to show their support of the pool,” commented City Council Member, Lori Fleck. “We’ve been so thrilled with the support, that we’re launching the program and are optimistic that we can get enough sponsors to have the entire summer filled with free swimming for our children.”
For those interested in sponsoring a Super Splash Free Swim Day, they can contact the Etna City Clerk at 530-467-5256. “We’re asking people to get creative,” said volunteer Marnia Brownell. “Get together with family, friends, other business or even your book club. If everyone chips in a little, you can sponsor a free swim day, and the kids win.”
The Dotty Olsen Pool is open for its Super Splash Free Swim Days weekdays from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. June 22 through August 14, 2015. Grab your kids and come join the fun!
Vacation Bible School
9AM – 12PM
Scott Valley Berean Church
Kindergarten thru 6th grade
Summer Reading Program
Wednesdays – July 15, 22, 29
Fort Jones 11:30 AM
Thursdays – July 16, 23, 30
Etna 1:00 PM
Scott Valley Swim Team
has been renamed on Facebook to EPAL / Scott Valley Swim Team.
Designated air conditioned cooling zones have been established in Siskiyou County communities. The following locations are all prepared to accommodate those trying to escape the heat:
• Dunsmuir Community Resource Center, 5844 Dunsmuir Avenue, 235-4400;
• McCloud Community Resource Center, 304 W. Minnesota Avenue, 964-3250;
• Mount Shasta Community Resource Center, 109 E. Lake Street, 926-1400;
• Family and Community Resource Center of Weed, 260 Main Street, 938-9914.
• HUB Community Resource Center of Montague, 310 S. 13th Street, 459-3481;
• Yreka Community Resource Center, 201 S. Broadway Street, 842-1313;
• Madrone Senior Services at the Yreka Community Center, 810 N. Oregon Street, 841-2365, bus pickup for seniors available;
• Scott Valley Family Resource Center, 11920 Main Street, Fort Jones, 468-2450;
• Happy Camp Family Resource Center, 38 Park Way, 493-5117;
• Butte Valley Community Resource Center, 232 S. Oregon Street, Dorris, 397-2273; and,
• Tulelake Community Resource Center, 810 Main Street, 667-2147.
Are we missing any links in the show notes?
Write a comment below…